Our History

Broad Street Meeting Hall opened in 2000 and became a charity in 2003; Offering meeting space for community groups and service providers in Foleshill. Because we are not affiliated to any religious or cultural group and are not associated with the public sector, we have become the meeting venue of choice for many grassroot groups and New Communities in Foleshill and beyond.
The old meeting Hall was managed by the owner of Broad Street Windows; Alan Griffiths, who acts as volunteer caretaker. He was supported by a Board of Trustees, other volunteers, a part-time paid Administrator and a paid sessional Project Manager/ Fundraiser. 
Until 2018, we operated from a single-story concrete and asbestos building originally constructed in 1946 as a temporary Salvation Army hall. After a five-year fundraising campaign, we have finally raised over £1 (0h 7m)million to build a new two storey building and appoint a Community Coordinator. After converting the former Broad Street Windows premises next door as temporary accommodation for displaced groups, the old building was demolished in 2018.